Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hope in The Storm



Krista Stoller shared this poem that she wrote with me last week and though I would share it on this rainy day.

Hope in The Storm
Krista Stoller

I will thank You for the sunshine on the days that I see hope
I will trust You for the rainbows in the rain

I will leave to You to lift the clouds as You see fit to do
As I I watch the raindrops pound my window pane

For if I did not have You as a shelter in this storm
Quite long ago it would have ruined me

But You have been my shelter Lord despite the mighty winds
And from fear of future storms You’ve set me free

I know You have the power Lord to calm the mighty seas
And how I’d love to see that power today

But if You choose to let the waves roll higher one day more
In the shelter of Your mighty arms I’ll stay

I will praise You for the victory over every storm You won
When on Calvary you conquered over all

And I’ll meditate upon the glorious hope you give to me
And each promise from your word I can recall


“Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.”
Psalm 33:22

1 comment:

teresa said...

beautiful. thanks so much for sharing.