Sunday, February 16, 2014

Decluttering Week 5

This week I took a break from paperwork and worked on my kid's clothing.  I got rid over 30 items of Moriah's clothing that she has grown out of and over 35 items of Zion's clothing.  Thankfully they have cousins who can use a lot of their outgrown clothes.  Zion agreed to get rid of one of his backpacks and I also got rid of a broken music box, putting the total to close to 70 on the way out the door this week.  I thought about sorting through their toys while I was working in their rooms, but decided to avoid that battle for now.  Not sure what area I am going to tackle this week, possibly the guest bedroom that collects everything I want to hide when company comes over.  I know I should finish dealing with my office area, but its just too overwhelming. 

4 comments:

T and M said...

I say it's ok to tackle the office bit by bit---at least that's what I've been doing with ours : ) As long as there's some progress, right! Good to chat tonight. M

teresa said...

Great work with M & Z's clothes. Probably was good to not tackle clothes and toys in the same week. =) Perhaps once you have the major collecting areas sorted through you will be at a better point to finish dealing with the office.

God bless your week.

sarah said...

I'm really impressed with all your decluttering! Hopefully soon your ping pong room will be decluttered too:)

Britni said...

I continue to be impressed with your drive! Good idea to let the office sit for a bit while you do less daunting stuff for a bit. Glad I'm not the only one that shoves items into an unused room when people come over :D My in-laws think I am a fantastic home-maker ;)