I as started writing this I
wondered if I would share it, but I have made a practice of being “real” on
this blog, so here is another glimpse into my inner life:
Earlier this week during my quiet
time with God I was thinking about my life and reflecting on all the good
things. We have had a lot of company at
our house over the last month and many other activities to be thankful
for. As I thought about these things I
was saddened by the fact that I didn’t look forward to any of these events
before they happened. Many times before
people arrived at my house I found myself pleading with God to give me pure
motives so I could bless the people who were coming even though I struggled to
look forward to their arrival. Each and every
time God answered my prayer and I found myself thankful for the events. This
week I acknowledged before God and shared with a friend that my thoughts and
worries about the unknown are my greatest enemy right now. I made a commitment my friend to stay busy
with good things to keep my mind from all the thoughts that overwhelm me. I had my kids’ friends over on Wednesday, had
dinner with adult friends Wednesday evening, hosted Moriah’s birthday party on
Thursday, and had another friend and her children over on Friday (just to name
a few of our activities). I went to the
YMCA three times this week instead of my normal two. Friday morning I gave my depressed emotions
to God and shared them with another friend in the evening, finding comfort in
the fact that she understood what it was like not to look forward to life.
Maybe it is the extra prayers,
maybe it is the excitement of spending time with a friend yesterday talking
about some updates to my house (did you catch that I got excited about
something), maybe it is the fact that I have stayed so busy that I can’t think….
Whatever it is God is good to me and as I type this I realize that I am
looking forward to going to church and I am looking forward to hosting friends
for supper this evening. I know my
battle with my thoughts/emotions isn’t over, but for the moment I am going to
enjoy the fact that I am looking forward to today.
Here is verse I wrote down in my
journal this week:
“More than that we rejoice in our
sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces
character, and character produces hope and hope does not put us to shame, because
God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been
given to us.”
Romans 5:3-4
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your heart, your life, your friendship and your hospitality. Love you and am praying for you. Excited that you're excited for this day! =) Thanking God for His faithfulness and provision.
Post a Comment