Friday, May 23, 2014

Priorities

 
I was in Florida over my birthday this year and had some quiet time to reflect on my life.  I am slowly reading through the book "Say Goodby to Survival Mode" by Crystal Paine and on my birthday I read a chapter about identifying what our personal priorities are so we can build our activities and lives around the things that are most important to us.  I wrote down a lot of things that day and then narrowed my priorities down to a list of 6.  I am finally taking time today to type them out and post them where I can see them often as a way to keep myself accountable. 

1-Cling to Jesus for strength, direction, and peace.
2-Love and nurture Zion and Moriah by spending quality and quantity time with them
3-Get my household in order so I am in a good place to bless others and move forward with opportunities God brings my way.
4-Take care of my body by getting rest, exercising, and eating a healthy diet.
5-Build close relationships for my mental and emotional well-being and to encourage others.
6-Use the talents God has given me to be a voice for vulnerable children, encourage adoptive parents, and bless other women.   

At times I feel like so much of my life is out of my control, but as I read through this list again I realize there is a lot I can control.  Instead of focusing on the things I can't control, I need to make the effort to concentrate my time and energy on the areas of my life that I can control.  I need to give the unknowns in my life to Jesus once again, so I can have greater peace and joy in the here and now. 

1 comment:

teresa said...

Wonderful post. You've come up with 6 great, well-defined goals. Thanks for sharing. Praying with you