Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cancer Redemption Project

Aerial April-May 2014
When I saw this picture of the Cancer Redemption Campus I was amazed by God's goodness.  Four years ago this piece of land was a a rocky mountaintop used for grazing a few animals.  The concept of the Cancer Redemption Project  was not even on our minds.  Zach and I knew that something was wrong with him, but we didn't realize that it was cancer.  Our minds were occupied with finding a new house for our family and dealing with paperwork delays that kept us from moving into our house the day we planned.  At the time those things seemed so big to us, but how quickly our perspective changed when we found out Zach had cancer in June.

It is easy for me to become anxious about the unknowns in life.  Just this morning I read Matthew 6:33-34 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.  Therefor do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." ESV.  When I think about the Cancer Redemption Project I am reminded that God's plans are good.  He has everything about my future in His hands.  He wrote the story of my life over the last four years and brought to life this amazing place for children.  I can stop stressing about what He is going to do next in my life, because I have seen his goodness to me.  Has it been painful? Yes.  Would I change the work He has done?  No.

1 comment:

Britni said...

I love when you share your thoughts of looking back on your journey. What a transformation that mountaintop has made. What a transformation God continues to work in each of us. Love you, hope you feel loved and at peace today!