Friday, June 6, 2014

I want to thank each of you for your prayers and support. As I reflect on the fact that Zach died a year ago today, I can look back and see God’s faithfulness in providing for our family and for the Cancer Redemption Project (see www.cancerredemption.com for an update). I will be honest in saying that the path He is taking the kids and I on isn’t easy. I have more questions then answers about our future, but God has taught me more clearly in the past year than any other time in my life that He is with me always and I can trust Him to take care of the unknown.

Recently, I have reflected on the words of Acts 22. Jesus speaks to Saul on the road to Damascus. Saul’s response in verse 10 is, “What shall I do Lord?” Jesus responds, “Rise and go into Damascus and there you will be told all that is appointed for you to do.” In the rest of chapter 22, God gives Saul (Paul) little pieces of the plans He has for him starting with completely surrendering to God’s will. I can relate to Paul’s question and his struggle to understand God’s plan for Him in light of His history and his weaknesses (v. 19-21). I often ask “Lord, what do you want me to do?” Sometimes it feels like He is silent, but I know from my past experiences that He wants me to press forward with the daily tasks of life and wait for Him to give me clear direction for the things that seem bigger than I can understand. I find peace in the fact that God is in control.

1 comment: