Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Decluttering Weeks 7 and 8

During the last two weeks I had to admit that I can't do it all.  Between having company at my house, traveling to my brother-in-laws wedding, and keeping up with the kids posting about my decluttering efforts wasn't a priority.   The good news is that I did make some progress.  During week seven I cleaned out our upstairs guestroom for company.  Got rid of around 15 items and then moved the rest of the clutter to my basement storage room because I didn't have time to sort it all.  I know that storage room will be a bigger job because I added more to the already existing mess but at least the guestroom is usable for the first time in months. Last week (week 8) the kids and I tackled the basement toy room.  It was a great success in that I managed to get the kids to part with some of the toys they don't play with anymore.  As a result of our efforts 9 empty boxes, over 30 games, a large box of Mega Blocks, a Table Hockey Game, 8 dolls/stuffed animals, 8 backpack/bags/play purses, 8 dress up hats, a decorative plate, a toy guitar, 3 office organizers, and a box of miniature tractors all left our house.  It felt so good to drop most of the items off at the Goodwill store yesterday.  Now for pictures (sometimes I wonder why I share the before pics.-rather embarrassing): 

 Before Guest Room

After Guestroom

Before Toy Room






After Toy Room
 


Get Rid of Piles

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that you share the "before" pics! Sometimes we only share the "perfect" pics, when in reality, it doesn't always look like that :)

Sara F

P.S. - you can come do my house when your done ;)

Klint & Sarah said...

I agree! Love the "before" pics. That toy room looked like a job - way to go!

teresa said...

Great work, Jenny, on the guest room and toy room. You're getting so much accomplished! Love that you had your children helping in the toy room.