Jesus cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go. - John 11:43-44
I was telling Zion the Bible story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead the other day. At the end of the story, I thought I better explain that most people who go to Heaven don’t come back down to earth. I then said that “if Daddy goes to Heaven in the next few years, I won’t be able to come back to earth. I’ll have to wait until you join me in Heaven.” Tears swelled in Zion’s eyes and he said, “Daddy, you gotta come back. You can’t leave us.” I started weeping as well but I had no words of encouragement for my little boy. We just sat their weeping and hugging. Zion is only 3 ½ years old, but he understands a lot. It is hard to keep the Biblical perspective of Heaven when we love so many people on earth. But we need to love our Creator and Savior more.
Please pray for Zion, since this conversation he has made different comments about heaven and that he doesn't want Zach to go there. He has gotten sad when heaven is mentioned and gets really upset if he isn't awake to say good bye when Zach leaves for work. We know that he is struggling to understand all that is happening and pray that God can protect his heart and mind in the days ahead.
In Heaven we'll be with the person we were made for in the place we were made for. - Randy Alcorn
5 comments:
oh, sweet Zion...we will most definitely pray for his soft heart and for your whole family as you continue on...
Oh, that breaks my heart! We will definitely continue to lift your entire family up in pray, especially Zion this week.
-Tim, Christa & family
Praying for you and your family!!!
What a touching story. We will continue to pray for your family!
Oh, thanks for sharing such a tender story from your family. We will pray, especially for Zion.
Post a Comment