Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Surely the Presence of the Lord Is in This Place

I have found myself pouring my heart out to God often in the last 24 hours as I have admitted my weaknesses to Him and asked for Him to give me peace as He directs my life.  I told a friend yesterday that at times I feel like I am back in my early 20s again trying to figure out what God wants me to do with the rest of my life only this time around it is more complicated because I have two children and so many more life experiences.  During my  devotions this morning I read the following quote by Stormie Omartian, "His purpose for our trails is often to bring us humbly before Him to experience a breaking in our inner, independent, self-sufficient selves, and grow us up into compassionate, patient, spiritually strong, God glorifying people.  He uses these situations to teach us how to trust that He loves and cares for us enough to get us through the tough times"  Over this past year God has taught me so much about surrendering everything to Him and trusting Him to work out the details that I don't understand.  This surrender is a daily process and I have discovered that He is my Rock when it feels like I have no where else to turn.  God also faithfully provides other people to support me when I just need to talk about the things I struggle with.  I read may wonderful verses this morning and Hebrews 11:14-16 stood out among them. 

Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.  For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.  Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 11:14-16 (ESV)

When I finished my devotions and started my day this song was running through my mind.  God is so good to remind me that He is with me always.  I can hold on to this morning as one of those times when He gave me a little extra reminder that He is really listening to the prayers on my heart.

(Sorry not sure how to post this without the links to other youtube videos at the end.)

1 comment:

sarah.flyingkites said...

love how you face this head-on and allow the Lord to lead in every area, Jenny.

Love ya!