The phrase “Vulnerable Strength” was the title of devotion I read
this week. The author had some good thoughts, but my mind went a
completely different direction. I looked up the word Vulnerable and
the Merriam Webster dictionary defined it as “easily hurt or harmed
physically, mentally, or emotionally.” The same dictionary defines
Strength as “the quality or state of being physically strong; the
ability to resist being moved or broken by a force; the quality that
allows someone to deal with problems in a determined and effective way.”
Vulnerable Strength is a good way to describe God and I together. I am
the Vulnerable and He is the Strength.
We often use the word vulnerable to describe orphans, young children,
widows, people who are poor, people who are handicapped, and people who
are sick, but in reality compared to our Great God we are all
vulnerable. We all live inside human bodies that are subject to the
attacks of Satan. We all deal with pride, selfishness, sin, sickness,
weakness, and the attacks of other people even if we don’t admit it to
ourselves or others. Only through Christ can we live an overcoming life
at allows us to deal with our problems and glorify Him.
Today instead of hiding our vulnerably lets give it to God and trust in His strength to provide for all our needs.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in
necessities, in persecutions, in distress for Christ’s sake: for when I
am weak, then am I strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I
am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song I
will praise Him. Psalm 28:7
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they
shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary:
and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
I will love Thee, O, Lord, my strength. Psalm 18:1
6 comments:
Words of Truth. Beautifully written. Trusting God to be your joy and strength.
Love and prayers,
Teresa
Awesome thoughts. Thanks for sharing
so true!
such a reassuring thought! thanks for the insight!
I read the same article, & really appreciate your take on it. Thankful for a Lord who loves us in our vulnerabilities.
Read that devotion too, and had a similar mindset of yours. Thanks for the additional verses.
Love you. :)
Post a Comment