A portion of the devotion I read this morning by Lisa TerKeurst:
The eyes of The Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9
This is the way the body of Christ is supposed to work. God speaks we listen; He confirms, we obey; He gives us strength to do amazing things, we watch miracles come out of our lives. I love 2 Chronicles 16: 9 because it brings a picture to my mind of God standing in front of a crowd of people asking, "Who is willing to do an amazing assignment for Me?"
Many shrug and make excuses. but one little girl jumps up and in complete abandon says, "Me Lord! Pick me! I am willing!" Then He whispers back, "Well done, my child. I am so pleased. You have made a good choice. I will give you strength to do this. Do not be afraid. I will be with you."
Dear Lord, let me always be that little girl with the up stretched arm and obedient heart. Give me wisdom to know Your voice and the courage to say yes to whatever You ask of me. My greatest desire is to walk with You all the days of my life. I don't want to settle for the good life. I want the great life, where I live the adventure You created my soul to live. In Jesus' Name. Amen
2 comments:
Love your heart :)
appreciate this. Going along with this, I was encouraged this morning with I Peter 4:7-11. Speaking God's words, serving in His strength, all for His glory! Thanks for the uplifting post, & thanks for the baby holding the other day : ) M.
Post a Comment