Friday, December 21, 2012

Quote for Today

A good reminder from my daily devotional:

"In the middle of life's yuck, I want to still be able to see God's goodness and thank Him for each wonderful day.  How often I get caught up in the emotional waves if life's ups and downs, losing sight of God's goodness.  When this happens I cease operating in His peace....In times of stress, we often verbalize our complaints, frustrations, and anxiety.  If, however, I make the choice to rejoice in the Lord's ability to handle what I can't, I invite God's peace to invade that moment."  Lysa TerKeurst (God's Purpose for Every Woman p.125-126) 
 
Lysa referenced Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  (NIV)
 
My thoughts:
Praying I can approach my Savior with a thankful Heart today.  Remembering that His gift of Salvation alone is worth Rejoicing.  Trusting that He has my life, my family, my dreams, and my future in His hands. 

No comments: