Friday, November 2, 2012

Thoughts from Zach and Zion



 
 
Zach's Devotion from Thursday:
 
"My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee." - Proverbs 7:1
Our children may not keep our words....but they will most likely DO what we do.
Zion and I were talking about honesty and integrity today. I was driving the concepts home. I said, "Zion, you always need to keep your word. If you say that you're going to do something, you need to do it. Keep your word, son."
He smiled and I knew that he got the concept. Then he said, "Yeah dad. We need to keep our word. That would be terrible if we lost them. What would we do if we lost our words?"
Then he said something that hit me like a load of bricks:
"Dad, whatever you do, that is what I am going to do." - My Son