Yesterday was one of those days when I felt discouraged about life. Someone looking on would have probably wondered why I was letting such small things bother me. As I reflect on the day, I can see that there were a lot of things I should have been more thankful for, but in the stress of the moment I just wanted to go to sleep and wake up on another day. In the late afternoon I opened a card addressed just to me with simple words "I'm thinking of you and praying for you." It was a huge blessing to me and gave me the courage to press on through the rest of the day (even though I continued to struggle with my emotions). I am praying that I can walk with more joy and thanksgiving today.
A quote from my morning devotion:
...It's just like when I face a hard issue in life. Operating in the flow of God's power is better than working against the flow of God's power. Seeking to obey God in the midst of whatever circumstance I'm facing is what positions me to work in the flow of God's power.
I still have to navigate the realities of my situation, but I won't be doing it in my own strength. My job is to be obedient to God, to apply His Word, and to walk according to His ways—not according to the world's suggestions. God, in His way and timing, works it all out....
I want to participate in God's divine nature rather than wallow in discouragement and fear. Then I won't have to huff and puff and pout while trying to figure everything out on my own.
-Lysa TerKeurst
3 comments:
Jenny, You are in my prayers everyday. I should tell you more often. We were in Denver for the national ret. convention. all the other administrators wives I was with wanted to know how things were going for you. so know that on the days you are discouraged which i can understand there are many of us praying for you, even when saten tells you otherwise. love and prayers, pat g.
Jenny...thank you for sharing some of your heart! We love you and will keep praying for you all for sure! Proverbs 18:10 blessings!
Love you...
Post a Comment