Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April Accomplishments

Last week I went to get Zion out of his crib and to my surprise he was sitting on top of the changing table which is right next to the crib. That very morning I converted his crib to a toddler bed. He seems to be adjusting okay to a "big boy bed," although getting him to lay down for naps is a little more challenging. At the end of last week Zion finally got tall enough and coordinated enough to open doorknobs. This resulted in the little guy climbing out of his toddler bed one morning, opening his door, opening Zach and my door and standing by our bed wanting up. This new skill has made time outs in his room a little more challenging as he can now get out.

Talking continues to progress. Yesterday morning he handed me his elephant blanket and said "elephant." He also says chocolate (thanks to Easter candy), thank you, up, "ready, set, go," and many other words that I can't think of at this time.

He is climbing up everywhere and loves playing on top of the bunk bed, on my computer desk, and on the counters. He has found that pushing around my rolling chair is a great way to be able to climb up and reach things.

Last week Zion was diagnosed with an ear infection in each ear. Thankfully he takes his medication willingly most of the time. He is also chewing his fingers, so more teeth are likely on their way.

4 1/2 weeks to go until the next baby Bertsch should arrive. Hopefully I can make it that long. We have a crib set up and I have started getting some other things ready in the new baby room. Work projects and keeping up with Zion are helping the weeks to move by. I was a very pregnant Bridesmaid for my cousin Sarah's wedding the first weekend of April, so wedding activities helped that weekend fly by. The week after the wedding Josie, Jason, and Julie stayed with us all week. Mom came on Wednesday and Dad came Saturday morning so they could all be with us for Easter. Josie and Julie painted our master bathroom for me (a great relief to have that project done).

Last Saturday Zach went to church cleaning and I went to a second hand children's clothing sale at a local church to get a few clothing bargins. We then had testimonies and baptisms at Leo and a get together with our Crown group in the evening. Zach left Monday for a conference and Zion and I are really looking forward to him coming back late tonight. Going to International House Monday night and hosting the Crown Bible Study Tuesday night helped keep the evenings from getting too long. We have two more weeks until we complete the Crown Financial Bible study.

No comments: